No or Invalid certificate error when Provisioning through the Patton Cloud
Posted by Danny Staub on 08 May 2019 01:31 PM
Provisioning not working? Are you seeing the error message below?|
Since Summer of 2018, Patton has factory installed a serial-number-specific certificate on each Trinity device. This certificate is required for provisioning a configuration file directly from our Cloud. If you received your Trinity device before this time, you can easily install this default certificate from within your Patton Cloud Dashboard in a few easy steps.
1) Connect the device to the cloud (nodems-client)
organization-key <Your Org Key>
profile aaa DEFAULT
method before 1 nodems continue-on-reject
copy running-config startup-config
2) On the device list, select the 'Default Certificate' menu for the device.
3) A window opens that shows the currently installed DEFAULT certificate on that device. If this is a serial-number-specific certificate, a green message appears below. Otherwise, a red warning message shows up.
4) Click 'Install' to install the proper serial-number-specific certificate that is needed for advanced provisioning. After this, the new certificate is displayed automatically and a green confirmation message should appear.
5) A device reboot is needed before it is able to get provisioned.