How do I start a debug session in the SmartNode
Posted by Elena Brambilla, Last modified by Daniel Lizaola on 12 December 2017 05:03 PM
1. Open a telnet session using the command line interface of Windows. Command: telnet "SN-ip-address|SN-hostname".
2. After opening the tool, open the properties of telnet and check the quick edit mode check box. Then change to layout tab and set the height of the screen buffer size to the maximum value of 9999.
3. Login to the SmartNode using your account data.
4. Change to the administrator mode using the command "enable".
5. Print the running-config and version out using the "show running-config" and "show version" command.
6. Start one or more required debug monitors simultaneous in the same terminal windows by using the "debug ...." command.
7. After recording the problem stop all debug monitors by using the "no debug all" command.
8. Mark the full out put in the telnet session.
9. Open a text file and try to interpret what may go wrong or send us the text file to email@example.com.
10. As last you may close the telnet session.